Skip to main content
Is Roberts Academy right for my child?
- The Roberts Academy program is designed for students who have been formally diagnosed with dyslexia.
- Although students may have other language-based learning disabilities, dyslexia must be primary.
- The efficacy of the programming requires that applicants have cognitive ability in the average to superior range.
- Roberts Academy is not able to appropriately serve students who have a diagnosis of autism, emotional disabilities, or conduct disorders.
- While some of our students may also have ADHD as a secondary diagnosis to dyslexia, no one is admitted with only a diagnosis of ADHD.
- Copy of Complete Psychoeducational Evaluation (completed within the past 2 years)
- Unofficial copy of your child’s most recent report card/progress report
- Copy of your child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
- Current Georgia immunization form #3231
- Copy of the original birth certificate
- Current hearing and vision test results
- Copy of Speech/Language and/or Occupational Therapy test results (if applicable)
- Recent photo of your child
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Typical, unassisted writing sample in the student’s own handwriting